Nonresidents: How to Become One and What’s Taxable (June 29)
Tuesday, June 29
10:00 a.m. to Noon Pacific Time
- Find out how remote workers are taxed by California during COVID-19:
- California resident working in another state
- Another state resident working in California
- Understand how making a few basic mistakes can mean you’re still a resident
- Understand credit for tax paid to the other state
- Find out how your consulting/service income may still be taxed to California when you leave
- Uncover the tough-as-nails FTB audit program that can grasp your client’s money
- See how to report income when:
- Taxpayers from different states marry
- Taxpayer changes from resident to nonresident during the year
- Learn what income is taxable to a nonresident
|CRTP (CTEC)||2 CA Tax|
|Attorney||1.5 General MCLE/Tax Specialization|
Course level: Intermediate
General tax preparation knowledge is required.
Lynn “Ms. California Tax” Freer is President of Spidell Publishing, Inc.® She works closely with all state tax agencies and is often consulted for input on policy decisions. She always has the inside information on what’s happening at the state level because she devotes herself full time to analyzing, writing about, and teaching California tax law and procedures. Lynn speaks at Spidell’s annual Federal and California Tax Update Seminars, as well as many other seminars and webinars.
Can’t attend the live webinar?
Order the on-demand version instead.
You must have computer speakers to listen to this webinar.
Please contact our Customer Service department at (714) 776-7850 to cancel the webinar or switch to the on-demand version. No refunds will be issued after noon the day before the webinar.
Guarantee of excellence
Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are not completely satisfied with this course in any way, we will provide you with a full refund.
- Earn 2 hours of CPE for CPAs, 2 hours of California Tax CPE for CRTPs, and 1.5 hours of General MCLE/Tax Specialization for attorneys
- Searchable e-version of the PDF manual and PowerPoint slides
- One person may watch and listen on one computer
- Purchase the live webinar, if you are unable to attend for any reason, we will automatically transfer you to the on-demand version.
- Add CPE for only $20 per additional attendee (additional CPE attendees must take an exam to receive credit). Please contact our customer service department to register for additional CPE at (714) 776-7850.
Prefer to order via phone?
Give us a call at (714) 776-7850 from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PT. Our friendly customer service representatives are available to assist you.
Everything you need to know about Spidell webinars
Take advantage of the convenience of Spidell webinars and get the most practical tax CPE without leaving your office.
This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education. This webinar has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The state boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for 2 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Intermediate. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Group Internet-Based. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. General tax preparation knowledge is required.