Overview of Trusts (October 25)
Monday, October 25
8:30 a.m. to Noon Pacific Time
- Understand the importance of trusts even for small estates
- Review the increased need for more complex trusts if the Biden tax plan comes to pass
- Discover the use of trusts in light of new RMD rules for IRA beneficiaries
- Understand the various types of trusts and how to use them
- Be ready to answer clients’ questions about different trusts, such as:
- A-B trusts
- Charitable trusts
- Special needs trusts
- QTIP trusts
- See how taxation of these trusts works
- Understand California’s filing and taxing requirements
- Find out about probate and how it works
- Discover situations where you might want to go through probate
- Scare your clients with the table of consanguinity — i.e., who gets your assets if there’s no will or trust
|CRTP (CTEC)||4 Federal Tax|
|EA||4 Federal Tax|
|Attorney||3.25 General MCLE/Tax Specialization|
Course level: Basic
There are no prerequisites or advance preparation required.
Attendees of Spidell’s 2021 Trust Webinar Series are not eligible for this course.
ATTENTION CRTPs (CTEC): In order for your courses to be reported in the registration period ending Sunday, October 31, 2021, your exam must be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on Sunday, October 31, 2021. Any exams submitted before 4:00 p.m. Pacific Time on Friday, October 29 will be reported the same day. Any courses completed after that time will not be reported until Monday, November 1, 2021.
Want more trust training?
This course is part of Spidell’s 2021 Trust Webinar Series. Build your trust business with everything from basic to complex.
Enter current special offer information here.
Renée is Vice President of Spidell Publishing, Inc.® and editor of Spidell’s California Taxletter® and Spidell’s Analysis & Explanation of California Taxes®. She authors the California chapters of Spidell’s Federal and California Tax Update seminar manual and is a regular speaker at Spidell’s fall update seminars, summer seminars, and webinars. She has a BA from San Diego State University and is a graduate of Chapman University School of Law with a Tax Law Emphasis.
Can’t attend the live webinar?
Order the on-demand version instead.
You must have computer speakers to listen to this webinar.
Guarantee of excellence
Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are not completely satisfied with this course in any way, we will provide you with a full refund.
- 4 hours of CPE for one attendee
- Searchable e-version of the PDF manual and PowerPoint slides
- One person may watch and listen on one computer
- Purchase the live webinar, if you are unable to attend for any reason, we will automatically transfer you to the on-demand version.
- Add CPE for only $30 per additional attendee (additional CPE attendees must take an exam to receive credit). Please contact our customer service department to register for additional CPE at (714) 776-7850.
Prefer to order via phone?
Give us a call at (714) 776-7850 from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PT. Our friendly customer service representatives are available to assist you.
Please contact our Customer Service department at (714) 776-7850 to cancel the webinar or switch to the on-demand version. No refunds will be issued after noon the day before the webinar.
Everything you need to know about Spidell webinars
Take advantage of the convenience of Spidell webinars and get the most practical tax CPE without leaving your office.
This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education. This webinar has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The state boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for 4 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Basic. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Group Internet Based. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. There are no prerequisites or advance preparation required.