Selling Your Practice (June 24)
Thursday, June 24
10:00 a.m. to Noon Pacific Time
Have the last two filing seasons done you in? Consider the alternatives to walking out the door.
- Consider a partial sale or selling to an employee or partner
- Learn the five factors that will increase the value of your practice
- See why gross revenue is the starting point, not the ending point, for valuing your practice
- Understand critical disclosure requirements: what you can and can’t disclose
- Uncover when a noncompete agreement may not be worth the paper it’s printed on
- Plan for tax consequences of the sale of the practice
- See how to compute tax on the installment sale if the price is reduced
- Get tax consequences of repossessing the practice
- Avoid 18 mistakes in selling your practice
- Find the advantages to using a business broker
|CPA||1 Tax, 1 Business Management|
|CRTP (CTEC)||1 Federal Tax|
|EA||1 Federal Tax|
|Attorney||1.5 General MCLE/Tax Specialization|
Course level: Basic
There are no prerequisites or advance preparation required.
Lake Elsinore, CA
Enter current special offer information here.
Are you ready to sell?
Our exclusive sponsor Accounting & Tax Brokerage, can help! They understand the relationship you’ve built with your clients, and their goal is to find a successor who will care for your firm just as you have.
Contact them for a no-hassle conversation about your practice value. Call (855) 428-2225 or visit https://atbcal.com/
Lynn “Ms. California Tax” Freer is President of Spidell Publishing, Inc.® She works closely with all state tax agencies and is often consulted for input on policy decisions. She always has the inside information on what’s happening at the state level because she devotes herself full time to analyzing, writing about, and teaching California tax law and procedures. Lynn speaks at Spidell’s annual Federal and California Tax Update Seminars, as well as many other seminars and webinars.
Diane is a retired tax partner from a mid-sized CPA firm. She has worked with retail businesses, physicians, real estate professionals, investors, and attorneys. She has a special interest in estates and trusts and non-profit entities. She enjoys working with her clients from tax planning through estate planning to maximize their tax savings strategies and build for their future success. She is a graduate in accounting from Phillips College in Augusta, GA. Diane has been an EA since 1994.
Can’t attend the live webinar?
Order the on-demand version instead.
You must have computer speakers to listen to this webinar.
Please contact our Customer Service department at (714) 776-7850 to cancel the webinar or switch to the on-demand version. No refunds will be issued after noon the day before the webinar.
Guarantee of excellence
Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are not completely satisfied with this course in any way, we will provide you with a full refund.
- Earn 2 hours of CPE for CPAs, 1 hour of Federal Tax CPE for EAs and CRTPs, and 1.5 hours of General MCLE/Tax Specialization for attorneys
- Searchable e-version of the PDF manual and PowerPoint slides
- One person may watch and listen on one computer
- Purchase the live webinar, if you are unable to attend for any reason, we will automatically transfer you to the on-demand version.
- Add CPE for only $20 per additional attendee (additional CPE attendees must take an exam to receive credit). Please contact our customer service department to register for additional CPE at (714) 776-7850.
Prefer to order via phone?
Give us a call at (714) 776-7850 from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PT. Our friendly customer service representatives are available to assist you.
Everything you need to know about Spidell webinars
Take advantage of the convenience of Spidell webinars and get the most practical tax CPE without leaving your office.
This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education. This webinar has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The state boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for 2 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Basic. Field of Study: Taxes, Business Management and Organization. Delivery method: Group Internet-Based. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. There are no prerequisites or advance preparation required.