Spidell’s 2020 4-Hour CPA Ethics (Various Dates Including April 28)
This course addresses the AICPA’s Code of Professional Conduct in an insightful manner using case studies, investigative results, and real-world applications. Information concerning the authoritative nature and application of the Code’s standards are discussed with an emphasis on its application to California licensed CPAs. Students will learn about the basic structure of the Code itself and be introduced to the AICPA’s Principles of Professional Conduct. Topics include independence, integrity, professional competency, due professional care, planning, supervision, gifts, commissions, contingent fees, financial interests, employment, and more.
Upon completion of this four-hour course, you will identify:
- Standards that govern client request for records and the collection of outstanding delinquent fees;
- Responsibilities you have with clients, employers, and colleagues;
- Non-attest service standards applicable to tax preparation, internal audit outsourcing, bookkeeping, expert witness, and litigation support services;
- Implications for failing to file personal or business tax returns, and for failing to remit payroll and other taxes collected on behalf of others;
- Independence standards that govern investments including those made through mutual funds, retirement accounts, and blind trusts;
- Additional ethical standards recently codified to protect confidential client information upon the sale, transfer, or discontinuance of a practice; and
- New independence standards governing leases with clients.
|CPA||4 General Ethics|
Course level: Basic
There are no prerequisites or advance preparation required.
Lake Elsinore, CA
Enter current special offer information here.
Arturo is a former Board of Accountancy investigator, a nationally recognized public speaker, researcher, and seminar leader with 35 years of experience in taxation, ethics, standards of practice, and internal quality control. Art owns and operates his own public accountancy firm offering services to both the public and private sectors. He represents CPAs before the California Board of Accountancy’s disciplinary committee, provides litigation support, performs peer reviews, and offers advisory services concerning all aspects of ethical practice.
Can’t attend the live webinar?
Order the on-demand version instead.
You must have computer speakers to listen to this webinar.
Please contact our Customer Service department at (714) 776-7850 to cancel the webinar or switch to the on-demand version. No refunds will be issued after noon the day before the webinar.
Guarantee of excellence
Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are not completely satisfied with this course in any way, we will provide you with a full refund.
- 4 hours of CPE for one attendee
- Unlimited number of people may watch and listen on one computer and print course outline
- PDFs of reference manual and PowerPoint slides
- Add CPE for only $30 per additional attendee (additional CPE attendees must take an exam to receive credit). Please contact our customer service department to register for additional CPE at (714) 776-7850.
Prefer to order via phone?
Give us a call at (714) 776-7850 from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PT. Our friendly customer service representatives are available to assist you.
Everything you need to know about Spidell webinars
Take advantage of the convenience of Spidell webinars and get the most practical tax CPE without leaving your office.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for 4 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Basic Level. Field of Study: General Ethics. Delivery method: Group Internet-Based. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. There are no prerequisites or advanced preparation required.