Who is a Nonresident and What’s Taxable in California (November 7)
Thursday, November 7, 2019
9:00 a.m. to Noon Pacific Time
With this three-hour course, you will:
- Look at recent court cases where high-income taxpayers got winning nonresident audit results — will the change from the BOE to the OTA make a difference?
- Properly plan for a California exit
- Understand the FTB residency audit process
- Understand what income received in later years is still taxable to California:
- Installment sales
- §1031 exchanges
- Bonuses, stock options, and pensions
- Correctly make the 546-day, temporary absence work to avoid California tax
- Understand what “domicile” really means and how it affects taxes
- Learn how to make your income nontaxable if you move out of state and keep preparing returns for your California clients
- Other State Tax Credit:
- Review recent changes, especially those concerning investment LLCs
- Understand the difference in other states’ nonresident withholding and group returns
- Investigate the problem where neither state allows the credit
- See how to split income when spouses are residents of different states
|CRTP (CTEC)||3 CA Tax|
|Attorney||2.5 General MCLE|
Course level: Basic
No advanced preparation is required.
- 3 hours of CPE for one attendee
- Unlimited number of people may watch and listen on one computer and print course outline
- PDFs of reference manual and PowerPoint slides
- Add CPE for only $25 per additional attendee (additional CPE attendees must take an exam to receive credit). Please contact our customer service department to register for additional CPE at (714) 776-7850.
Three easy ways to order:
Download order form below and fax to (714) 776-9906, call us at (714) 776-7850, or order online!
Can’t attend the live webinar? Order the on-demand version instead!
You must have computer speakers to listen to this webinar
Lynn Freer, EA
This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education. This webinar has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for 4 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Intermediate. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Group Internet-Based. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. General tax preparation knowledge is required.
Cancellation Policy: Please contact our Customer Service department at (714) 776-7850 to cancel the webinar or switch to the on-demand version. No refunds will be issued after noon the day before the webinar.