2019/20 Federal and California Tax Update Webinar
Available within one week of the live webinar
Price: $279 $259.00*
*Discount valid through October 31, 2019.
Join more than 18,000 tax professionals who trust Spidell to prepare them for tax season
Here’s some of what you’ll learn:
- Include IHSS payments for EIC (Feigh case)
- Discover why many taxpayers will still deal with alimony income and deductions
- Review mortgage interest limitations:
- How does grandfathered debt work?
- Which debt is used first if the total is over the max?
- What about points?
- See how new NOL limitations may help your clients
- Take home a pension comparison chart. Which is best:
- Profit sharing plan?
- Defined benefit plan?
- Get penalty relief for missed RMDs
IRC §199A deduction
- Review the basics and then dig into the complex
- Get Spidell’s take on when a rental qualifies for the deduction
- See exactly what deductions reduce QBI
- Walk through the computation
- Understand all the IRS clarifications from January until the seminar
- See what the IRS says about paying wages to partners, members and sole proprietors
- Compare bonus depreciation to IRC §179 expensing
- Review new business meals and entertainment:
- 100%, 50%, or 0% deductible?
- What’s a meal?
- Is food provided to staff deductible?
- What’s a snack?
- Understand the new business loss haircut
- Don’t forget the sleeper: CPAR (partnership audit rules) in place
Real estate and investment
- See how passive losses interact with IRC §199A and the business haircut
- Review stock option income reporting and problems with broker statements
- Opportunity zone funds are the latest great tax strategy: see why
- See which TCJA provisions California conforms to:
- Will they be retroactive?
- Will we still be deducting 2% miscellaneous deductions?
- Understand what Wayfair means to your California retailer clients
- Avoid FTB letters on §1031 reporting
- Uncover a potential sales tax exemption for infant diapers and menstrual products
- Consider exit strategies for high income clients leaving the state
- Take advantage of tax planning strategies — attend in 2019
- Get an update on IRS e-services
- See how to request a first-time penalty abatement
Get the inside scoop on these 5 tax challenges:
- Decide whether your client with one rental is a trade or business
- Understand California’s interpretation of the Wayfair decision and see how it affects California and non-California retailers
- See what TCJA questions we can answer for 2019 returns (Must we amend prior returns?)
- Learn how to defer or eliminate gain using the Opportunity Zone Fund
- Comprehend new complex tax planning strategies
Download our famous Tax Update manual
|“I’ve been attending the Spidell update seminars for over 35 years and find them to be the most comprehensive one day seminar offered.”|
Joni Terens, EA
|“As always, the book was magnificent! Spidell’s update is the best 8-hour course, period!”|
William K. Barkhurst, CPA
|“I just cannot imagine a tax season without Spidell’s update and book.”|
Donna Nance, EA
|EA**||6 Fed Update|
|CRTP (CTEC)||6 Fed Update and 2 CA|
|Attorney||6.75 General MCLE|
Course level: Update
General tax preparation knowledge is required.
This seminar is designed to meet the requirements for 8 hours of continuing education for CPAs; 6 hours of Federal Update for EAs**; 6 hours of Federal Update and 2 CA for CRTPs; and 6.75 hours of General MCLE credit for attorneys.
**EAs will receive a 2-hour federal tax self-study to ensure up to 8 hours of CPE
CFPs do not receive credit for the webinar or self-study versions of this course.
Prefer a live seminar, live webinar, or self-study?
We offer group discounts for parties of 11 or more. Call (714) 776-7850 for more information.
See why Spidell’s 2019/20 Federal and California Tax Update On-Demand Webinar is your best choice:
- Up to 8 hours of CPE for one attendee.** (Additional CPE is not available for this course. All attendees must purchase the webinar in order to receive CPE.)
- Searchable e-version of the PDF manual and PowerPoint slides.
- One person may watch and listen on one computer.
**EAs will receive a 2-hour federal tax self-study to ensure up to 8 hours of CPE.
Sign up for our Tax Update, and for only $59 more get the 2017/18 Bonus CPE: Federal Tax Review Self-Study*** good for up to 8 hours of additional credit.
Call (714) 776-7850, fax the order form, or order online.
How to order online:
- Add the 2017/18 Federal and California Tax Update Seminar to your cart.
- Add the 2017/18 Bonus CPE: Federal Tax Review Self-Study online version to your cart.
- Enter coupon code BONUSSEM17 at checkout. The coupon code is case sensitive.
***Online version only. Available within 10 business days of course completion date. Online self-study is $80 when purchased separately.
Guarantee of excellence
Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are not completely satisfied with this course in any way, we will provide you with a full refund, hassle-free. Guaranteed.
Please contact our Customer Service department at (714) 776-7850 to cancel the on-demand webinar.
*Discount valid through October 31, 2019.
This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for 8 hours of continuing education for CPAs (CFPs do not receive credit for the webinar or self-study versions of this course); 6 hours of Federal Update CPE for EAs; 6 hours of Federal Update and 2 CA for CRTPs; and 6.75 hours of General MCLE credit for attorneys. This webinar has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for 8 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Update. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Self-Study. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. General tax preparation knowledge is required.