Fundamentals of Fraud Prevention & Detection
This course addresses fraud related issues from the perspective of small- and medium-sized accounting firms. The goal of this course is to enhance the accountant’s ability to recognize, detect, and prevent fraud; increase fraud awareness; help accountants and auditors understand their role in addressing fraud; and identify the most common types of fraud currently perpetrated in today’s fast-paced business environment. Topics include an assessment of the statistical information identified by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners in their 2018 Report to the Nations; a summary of the fraud related requirements for preparation, compilation, review, and audit engagements; and a look back at the top ten accounting scandals.
With this four-hour course, you will:
- Identify potential red flags indicating that material fraud may exist
- The typical profile of someone that commits fraud, embezzlement, or misappropriates assets
- The fraud triangle: pressure, opportunity, and rationalization
- Why individuals commit fraud
- The most common types of fraud and when fraud is most likely to occur
- The best methods for fraud detection
- The accountant’s responsibility to report fraud under the compilation and review standards
- The auditor’s fraud related responsibilities for financial statement engagements
- The benefits employers can achieve with an effective whistleblower program
- Methods to reduce CPA exposure to fraud risk
Course level: Basic
No advanced preparation is required.
- 4 hours of CPE for one attendee (CPAs only)
- Access to recording to watch at your convenience
- Unlimited number of people may watch and listen on one computer and print course outline
- Reference manual and PDF of PowerPoint slides
- Add CPE for only $30 per additional attendee. Please contact our customer service department to register for additional CPE at (714) 776-7850.
Want to order by phone? Call us at: (714) 776-7850
You must have computer speakers to listen to this webinar
Arturo Ramudo, CPA, CISA
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for 4 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Basic Level. Field of Study: Accounting (Fraud). Delivery method: Self-study. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. There are no prerequisites or advanced preparation required.