2019 Trust, IRA, and Pension Planning Webinar
Available by November 12
*Discount valid through October 3, 2019.
Get clear planning strategies for retiring and trust clients
Here’s what’s on the agenda:
IRA planning: before and after death
Presented by: Larry Pon, CPA/PFS, CFP, EA, USTCP, AEP
Use often ignored IRA planning techniques:
- Decedent’s IRA:
- See how to handle IRAs when a trust is the beneficiary
- Don’t miss critical deadlines for a decedent’s IRA
- Compare a trust to a named beneficiary on the IRA account
- Review how to compute RMD for beneficiaries
- See how waiting to take the first RMD may benefit your client
- Postpone IRA using a QLAC — a trick many planners ignore
- Get penalty relief for a missed RMD
- Roth IRAs:
- Discuss the pros and cons of Roth conversions after the TCJA
- See how Congress may have given their blessing to backdoor Roth contributions
- Take advantage of net unrealized appreciation in your clients’ accounts
Pension and retirement plans
Presented by: Lynn Freer, EA
Uncover a variety of pension plans that can benefit your clients:
- Select the best plan for your client
- See how an employer can contribute more for himself or herself than for employees — legally
- Get a step-by-step plan to maximize savings and minimize current taxable income when your client is selling their business
- Compare Solo(k), SEP, Simple:
- See how the self-employed can put away the maximum contribution with minimal costs
- Compare employer-funded contributions in various plans
- See how an employee over 70 years old can continue to contribute
- Understand RMDs for individuals with defined benefit and profit sharing plans
Take advantage of 1041 elections
Presented by: Claudia Hill, EA, MBA
Your clients are becoming executors. Make sure they make tax-saving choices:
- Dig deep into the benefits of the IRC §645 election:
- Get the mechanics of making the election
- Understand disadvantages of making the election
- Consider the election to recognize gain or loss on a distribution in kind
- Don’t lose an S election when a shareholder dies
- Understand the election to treat a QSST as a permitted shareholder
- See when and why a trust or an estate might use the 65-day election
- Consider electing to include net capital gain in investment income
- Learn about the election to have a qualified funeral trust taxed to the individual or a trust
- Get clear on the due dates for making the available elections
Want to order by phone? Call us at (714) 776-7850
|CPA||Up to 8 Tax|
|EA||Up to 8 Federal Tax|
|CRTP (CTEC)||Up to 8 Federal Tax|
|Attorney||Up to 6.75 General MCLE|
Course level: Intermediate
General tax preparation knowledge is required.
CFPs do not receive credit for the webinar version of this course
Guarantee of excellence
Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are not completely satisfied with this course in any way, we will provide you with a full refund, hassle-free. Guaranteed.
- Up to 8 hours of CPE for one attendee.** (Additional CPE is not available for this course. All attendees must purchase the webinar in order to receive CPE.)
- Searchable e-version of the PDF manual and PowerPoint slides.
- One person may watch and listen on one computer.
You must have computer speakers to listen to this webinar
Prefer a live seminar or live webinar?
Please contact our Customer Service department at (714) 776-7850 to cancel the on-demand webinar.
*Discount valid through October 3, 2019.
These seminars have been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. These seminars and webinars are designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Intermediate. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Self-Study. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. General tax preparation knowledge is required.