2021/22 Federal Tax Update Webinar
See why over 18,000 tax pros trust Spidell for their update
Spidell has built its reputation on a thorough and practical approach to solving tax problems. At our 2021/22 Federal Tax Update Webinar, you’ll get plain English explanations of complicated tax laws and regulations, and user-friendly examples, charts, and checklists to help you pull tax season off without a hitch. And, of course, the material is well-cited so you can verify or get more information on the topic. This year Spidell’s 2021/22 Federal Tax Update will:
- Focus on the challenges and changes for 2021 returns, including possible big federal changes
- Help your clients with ERC, EIP and PPP cleanup, including:
- Fixing IRS’s Letter 6470’s — oh, what a mess
- Getting refunds by filing amended returns to claim ERC and paid leave credits
- Explain the how and why of filing superseding returns (your new best friend)
- Provide you with client letters, worksheets, and charts, so you can engage your customers with explanations of changes and planning opportunities
Plus, get these important takeaways:
- Properly compute basis for PPP forgiveness in 2020 and 2021
- Make sure your Schedule C clients took advantage of their COVID-19–related benefits
- Prepare for IRS audits of IRC §199A deductions
- Review NOLs:
- Can you still carry back losses that you carried forward in prior years?
- How do you compute the carryover to 2021?
- Review whether your client should repay their COVID-19 IRA or pension distribution
- Beware of companies selling fraudulent tax credits — it’s one of the IRS’s Dirty Dozen
- Consider opportunity zone funds for 2021 capital gains — after 2021 the benefits are not as good
Attention California tax pros:
This on-demand webinar contains no California information. If you would like your tax update to include California topics, consider our:
2021/22 Federal and California Tax Update On-Demand Webinar
Two easy ways to order:
Call us at (714) 776-7850 or order online!
Customer service representatives available Monday — Friday 7:00 a.m. — 5:00 p.m. PT.
Frequently Asked Questions
|Will a print book be available?||No||No||No|
|Is an exam required for credit?||No||Yes||Yes|
|Can I answer attendance monitoring polls for live CPE?||Yes||No||No|
|Can I start and stop the course when I want?||No||Yes||Yes|
|Will I get a recording of the lecture?||Yes||Yes||No|
|Can I chat my questions to Spidell staff?||Yes||No||No|
|Can I have access to the PowerPoint slides?||Yes||Yes||No|
|Will I receive an updated PDF manual and follow-up letter after the course?||Yes||Yes||Yes|
COVID-19 and our seminars
With social distancing, it is unlikely that Spidell will be able to provide live seminars again this year. So, we have scheduled webinars for your update session. If by some chance we are able to hold a live seminar, 100% of your purchase price for the webinar will be credited to the live seminar price.
|EA||8 Fed Update|
|CRTP (CTEC)||8 Fed Update|
|Attorney||6.75 General MCLE/Tax Specialization|
Course level: Update
General tax preparation knowledge is required.
Attention CRTPs: Please note that this course must be completed by October 31st in order to receive Federal Tax Update credit. If you complete this course after October 31st, you will only be eligible to qualify for Federal Tax credit, as opposed to Federal Tax Update credit.
CFPs do not receive credit for this course.
Attendees of the 2021/22 Federal and California Tax Update webinar, on-demand webinar, or self-study are not eligible for continuing education credit for this course.
This course is designed to meet the requirements for 8 hours of continuing education for CPAs; 8 hours of Federal Update for EAs; 8 hours of Federal Update for CRTPs; and 6.75 hours of General MCLE/Tax Specialization credit for attorneys.
Register now for Spidell’s Federal Only Tax Update webinar and receive Spidell’s Tax Planning Client Letter and Checklist*, so you can help your clients and get an early start on work that will go into next year.
*Please allow 2 business days for e-mail delivery of your Tax Planning Client Letter and Checklist. You can call our customer service representatives at (714) 776-7850 to receive a copy immediately after your order is placed.
Sign up for our Tax Update, and for only $69 more get the 2021/22 Bonus CPE: Federal Tax Review Self-Study† good for up to 8 hours of additional credit.
Order online or call (714) 776-7850.
How to order online:
- Add the 2021/22 Federal Tax Update On-Demand Webinar to your cart.
- Add the 2021/22 Bonus CPE: Federal Tax Review Self-Study online version to your cart.
- Enter coupon code BONUS21 at checkout. The coupon code is case sensitive.
†Online version only. Available within 10 business days of course completion date. Online self-study is $89 when purchased separately.
See why Spidell’s 2021/22 Federal Tax Update On-Demand Webinar is your best choice:
- Up to 8 hours of CPE for one attendee.** (Additional CPE is not available for this course. All attendees must purchase the webinar in order to receive CPE.)
- Searchable e-version of the PDF manual and PowerPoint slides.
- One person may watch and listen on one computer.
You must have computer speakers to listen to this webinar
Guarantee of excellence
Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are not completely satisfied with this course in any way, we will provide you with a full refund, hassle-free. Guaranteed.
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This course is designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Update. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Self-Study. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. General tax preparation knowledge is required.