2022/23 Federal and California Tax Update Webinar
See why over 18,000 tax pros attend Spidell’s Federal and California Tax Update
- See which tax provisions are included in the new Inflation Reduction Act
- Get updated on everything that happened during the year
- See which provisions expired at the end of 2021 and what will expire at the end of 2022
- See which changes are being considered under the SECURE Act 2, the Retirement Security and Savings Act, and the Rise and Shine Act
- Get worksheets, charts, and client letters to explain changes and planning opportunities to help your clients take advantage of available tax breaks
- Learn about new proposed RMD regulations, and make sure your clients are taking proper RMDs
- Understand what ARPA benefits are no longer available in 2022
- See why clients may be getting more premium tax credits
- Are your clients forgiven student loans taxable?
- Learn how proposed regulations may limit the benefit of lifetime gifting to preserve large estate tax exclusions
Business and investment issues
- Know how and when to complete Schedules K-2 and K-3
- Be ready for more 1099-Ks
- Prepare your clients for new reporting requirements under the Corporate Transparency Act (failure to comply means massive penalties or jail)
- Plan for reduced bonus depreciation
- Maximize tax benefits for research expenditures
- Make sure your clients aren’t missing out on Employee Retention Credits — it’s not too late
- Be prepared for the return of excess business loss limitations
- Understand the expanded business interest limitation for 2022 and how your clients will be affected
- Attend in November or December and use tax planning strategies based on new laws and proposed changes to help your clients
- Solve California tax problems with our firsthand info from the FTB
- Be ready to provide California tax basis for partnerships/LLCs
- See when making another passthrough entity elective election is a good idea
- Help your clients avoid California’s mandatory e-pay penalties
- See why more businesses are going to owe California tax
- Make sure your clients are complying with CalSavers to avoid hefty penalties
- Discuss the current status of worker classification and AB 5
San Diego, CA
Two easy ways to order:
Call us at (800) 277-2257 or order online!
Customer service representatives available Monday — Friday 7:00 a.m. — 5:00 p.m. PT.
|EA*||6 Fed Update|
|CRTP (CTEC)||6 Fed Update and 2 CA|
|Attorney||6.75 General MCLE/Tax Specialization|
Course level: Update
General tax preparation knowledge is required.
CFPs do not receive credit for the on-demand webinar or self-study versions of this course.
Attendees of the 2022/23 Federal Tax Update webinar and self-study are not eligible for continuing education credit for this course.
This course is designed to meet the requirements for 8 hours of continuing education for CPAs; 6 hours of Federal Update for EAs*; 6 hours of Federal Update and 2 CA for CRTPs; and 6.75 hours of General MCLE credit for attorneys.
*EAs will receive a 2-hour federal tax self-study to ensure up to 8 hours of CPE.
Register now for Spidell’s Federal and California Tax Update webinar and receive Spidell’s Tax Planning Client Letter and Checklist and Tips to Prepare Yourself and Your Office for Tax Season, so you can help your clients and get an early start on work that will go into next year.
*Please allow 2 business days for e-mail delivery of your Tax Planning Client Letter and Checklist and Tips to Prepare Yourself and Your Office for Tax Season.
Sign up for our Tax Update, and for only $79 more get the 2022/23 Bonus CPE: Federal Tax Review Self-Study† good for up to 8 hours of additional credit.
Order online or call (800) 277-2257.
How to order online:
- Add the 2022/23 Federal and California Tax Update On-Demand Webinar to your cart.
- Add the 2022/23 Bonus CPE: Federal Tax Review Self-Study online version to your cart.
- Enter coupon code BONUS22 at checkout. The coupon code is case sensitive.
†Online version only. Available within 10 business days of course completion date. Online self-study is $99 when purchased separately.
See why Spidell’s 2022/23 Federal and California Tax Update On-Demand Webinar is your best choice:
- Up to 8 hours of CPE for one attendee.** (Additional CPE is not available for this course. All attendees must purchase the webinar in order to receive CPE.)
- Searchable e-version of the PDF manual and PowerPoint slides.
- Hard copy of the webinar manual included. (Approximately seven business days for delivery.)
- One person may watch and listen on one computer.
**EAs will receive a 2-hour federal tax self-study to ensure up to 8 hours of CPE.
You must have computer speakers to listen to this webinar
Guarantee of excellence
Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are not completely satisfied with this course in any way, we will provide you with a full refund, hassle-free. Guaranteed.
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; the Certiifed Financial Planner Board of Standards; and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 800-277-2257. Spidell Publishing, LLC has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Update. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Self-Study. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (800) 277-2257. General tax preparation knowledge is required.