Dig Into Basic 1041 Preparation
With this six-hour course, you will:
- Walk through preparation of the return
- Learn about the importance of reading the trust document, and knowing what to look for
- Understand the differences when the 1041 is for the estate
- Discover elections frequently associated with 1041s
- See why you might elect to take administrative expenses on the trust rather than the estate
- Review the basics, including FEINs, exemption amounts under the TCJA, and the role of the fiduciary trust
- Grasp the importance of trust accounting income
- Compute DNI — see why you need to
- See how to handle distributions of current income after the end of the trust’s tax year
- Ask yourself, “What is my time and expertise worth?”
|EA||6 Federal Tax|
|CRTP (CTEC)||6 Federal Tax|
|Attorney||5 General MCLE|
Course level: Basic
No advance preparation is required.
2018 Estate and Trust seminar, webinar or self-study registrants are not eligible for this course.
- 6 hours of CPE for one attendee
- Access to recording to watch at your convenience
- PDFs of reference manual and PowerPoint slides
- Add CPE for only $20 per additional attendee. Please contact our customer service department to register for additional CPE at (714) 776-7850.
Want to order by phone? Call us at: (714) 776-7850
You must have computer speakers to listen to this webinar
Claudia Hill, EA, MBA
This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education. This webinar has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The state boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for 6 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Basic. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Self-Study. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. There are no prerequisites or advance preparation required.