2018 Intermediate California Business Tax Update
With this two-hour course, you will:
- Get an in-depth discussion of multistate business issues:
- See what’s happening with the challenge to California’s combined reporting system
- Learn about the FTB’s latest procedures for requesting alternative apportionment
- Understand when interest on loans taken out to pay shareholder distributions is an apportionable business expense or allocable nonbusiness expense
- Understand new credit sharing regulations
- Learn about changes to the California Competes Tax Credit
- See why sole proprietors providing services to California customers may not be doing business here
- Find out why the issue of whether taxpayers may claim the Other State Tax Credit for the Revised Texas Franchise Tax may not be as resolved as the FTB would like
- Receive the latest updates concerning California’s substantiation requirements for the R&D Credit and a recent taxpayer victory in challenging a R&D sampling audit
- Get the latest information on FTB’s timelines and procedures for resolving protests
Available within 10 business days of the 2018/19 Federal and California Tax Update course completion date.
|CRTP (CTEC)||2 CA Tax|
|Attorney||1.5 General MCLE|
Course level: Intermediate
General knowledge of corporate tax returns is required.
- 2 hours of CPE for one attendee
- Access to recording to watch at your convenience
- Reference manual and PDF of PowerPoint slides
Want to order by phone? Call us at: (714) 776-7850
You must have computer speakers to listen to this webinar
Renee Rodda, J.D.
Sandy Weiner, J.D.
This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education. This webinar has been designed to meet the requirements of the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The state boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. General knowledge of corporate tax returns is required. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for 2 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Intermediate. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Self-Study. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. General knowledge of corporate tax returns is required.