IRC §199A Deduction Including Rental Safe Harbor
The latest as of January 18, 2019
With this two-hour course, you will:
- Understand when a rental activity qualifies for IRC §199A
- Dig through worksheets to compute IRC §199A
- Prepare K-1s for entities passing through QBI
- See how IRS is eroding the IRC §199A deduction for Schedule Cs
- Use planning preparation tips when preparing returns with QBI
- See how to handle uncertain tax positions in light of remaining TCJA uncertainty
- Review updated information on who is a service business
- Get some ways to easily compute QBI for most taxpayers
- See how prior year suspended passive losses affect current IRC §199A deduction
- Be aware of penalties and when and how to disclose
- Brief review of new federal audit rules and answering your miscellaneous questions
|“Wow, I feel more comfortable now reviewing tax returns with 199A deductions. Mike is simply the best. I always marvel at his abilities and how deeply he goes into the tax code! Thanks always for a great webinar!”|
Tom Bruzda, EA
|EA||2 Federal Tax Update|
|CRTP (CTEC)||2 Federal Tax Update|
|Attorney||1.5 General MCLE|
Course level: Update
General tax preparation knowledge is required.
Attendees of the February 5 Quarterly Tax Update are not eligible for this course.
- 2 hours of CPE for one attendee
- Unlimited number of people may watch and listen on one computer and print course outline
- PDFs of reference manual and PowerPoint slides
- Add CPE for only $20 per additional attendee (additional CPE attendees must take an exam to receive credit). Please contact our customer service department to register for additional CPE at (714) 776-7850.
You must have computer speakers to listen to this webinar
Mike Giangrande, J.D., LL.M.
This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education. This webinar has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for 2 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Basic. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Self-Study. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. No advance preparation is required.
Cancellation Policy: Please contact our Customer Service department at (714) 776-7850 to cancel the webinar or switch to the on-demand version. No refunds will be issued after noon the day before the webinar.