Taxation of Marijuana
With this two-hour course, you will:
- Learn about the new regulations for the sale of recreational marijuana
- Understand federal and California taxation of marijuana
- Sort out the California excise and sales taxes on marijuana
- See the difference between a “flower” and a “leaf” and how each is taxed
- Discuss the banking issues/problems
- Be aware of which marijuana-related goods or services are subject to tax
- See how to allocate expenses between related activities and the sale of cannabis
- Understand IRC §280E and the cost accounting principles you need to maximize COGS
- Become comfortable with Circular 230 and your performance of services for marijuana businesses
- Compare the taxes for medical vs. recreational marijuana
|EA||2 Federal Tax|
|CRTP (CTEC)||2 Federal Tax|
|Attorney||1.5 General MCLE|
Course level: Basic
No advance preparation is required.
- 2 hours of CPE for one attendee
- Access to recording to watch at your convenience
- PDFs of reference manual and PowerPoint slides
- Add CPE for only $20 per additional attendee. Please contact our customer service department to register for additional CPE at (714) 776-7850.
Want to order by phone? Call us at: (714) 776-7850
You must have computer speakers to listen to this webinar
Christina Weed, J.D., LL.M.
Christina is admitted to United States Tax Court, Northern Federal District Court in California, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court.
Christina is a Co-Founder of Weed Law, PC, and a Partner at Mendes Weed, LLP. Christina’s practice focuses on tax law, but includes trusts and estates law and business law.
Lisa Mendes, J.D., MBA
This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education. This webinar has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The state boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for 2 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Basic. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Self-Study. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. There are no prerequisites or advance preparation required.