Prepare for Centralized Partnership IRS Audit Rules
Biggest Change in History of Partnership Taxation: It Begins Now
Don’t use the partnerships taxed like corporations at all
With this two-hour course, you will:
- Not to get crushed by the IRS collection of income tax from a partnership
- The tax preparer can decimate a partnership’s future (or not)
- To avoid ugly partnership-level income tax at the highest rate (and no basis step up for partners)
- A tax preparer safely extricates a client from CPAR explosives
- To protect clients by electing out of the new regime — who, how, when, and why
- To answer these questions:
- What is an “imputed underpayment” liability of a partnership?
- What is a “push out” election and how does a partnership get slain without it?
- May a partner do the right thing and “amend out” or “pull in”?
- Is it true Congress has eliminated basis step-up in a partner’s interest for income fleshed out in an IRS exam?
- How must partnership/LLC operating, buy-sell, contribution, dissolution, and loan agreements be revised to avoid problems?
- Who is a “partnership representative (PR)”? If we don’t choose one, the IRS will for us (not good)
- What affirmative actions must the tax preparer take to avoid a parade of tax horribles?
- Technical Corrections from Congress last month gave CPAR much more power
- To identify whether S corporations may look better than partnerships now
- To lead your client to prepare in earnest today
|EA||2 Federal Tax|
|CRTP (CTEC)||2 Federal Tax|
|Attorney||1.5 General MCLE|
Course level: Basic
No advanced preparation is required.
- 2 hours of CPE for one attendee
- Access to recording to watch at your convenience
- PDFs of reference manual and PowerPoint slides
- Add CPE for only $20 per additional attendee. Please contact our customer service department to register for additional CPE at (714) 776-7850.
Want to order by phone? Call us at: (714) 776-7850
You must have computer speakers to listen to this webinar
This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education. This webinar has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The state boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for 2 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Basic. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Self-Study. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. There are no prerequisites or advanced preparation required.