Regulatory Review: Practicing Within the Law
This course is approved by the California Board of Accountancy and meets its regulatory review requirements. There is no discussion of theory, only practical application and frequent humorous insight using “war stories” and case studies. This course addresses the various provisions of the California Accountancy Act and the California Board of Accountancy Regulations with an emphasis on those provisions currently applicable to the practice of public accountancy. Further, this course provides an overview of historic and recent disciplinary actions taken by the Board, highlighting the misconduct that led to discipline.
Upon completion of this two-hour course, you will identify:
- Get a 187-page PDF manual
- Apply the Board’s rules and regulations to everyday practice
- Learn how the recently codified SSARS 21 will impact the Board’s rules and regulations and how those changes may affect you
- Understand how a DUI can potentially expose you to Board disciplinary action, including five years probation and mandatory participation in a rehab program
- Find out how the Board is using criminal information obtained from its retroactive fingerprinting program
- Comply with the recent changes in CE requirements
- Avoid discreditable acts, such as failing to file your firm’s or your personal tax returns, that could result in Board discipline
- Determine how a CPA can smoothly transition into retired status
|CPA||2 Regulatory Review|
Course level: Basic
No advanced preparation is required.
- 2 hours of CPE for one attendee (CPAs only)
- Access to recording to watch at your convenience
- Unlimited number of people may watch and listen on one computer and print course outline
- Reference manual and PDF of PowerPoint slides
- Add CPE for only $20 per additional attendee. Please contact our customer service department to register for additional CPE at (714) 776-7850.
Want to order by phone? Call us at: (714) 776-7850
You must have computer speakers to listen to this webinar
Arturo Ramudo, CPA, CISA
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for 2 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Basic Level. Field of Study: Regulatory Review. Delivery method: Self-study. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. There are no prerequisites or advanced preparation required.