Selling Your Practice
With this two-hour course, you will:
- Consider the alternatives to walking out the door right away
- Learn the five factors that will increase the value of your practice
- See why gross revenue is the starting point, not the ending point for valuing your practice
- Understand critical disclosure requirements: what you can and can’t disclose
- Uncover when a noncompete agreement may not be worth the paper it is printed on
- Plan for tax consequences of the sale of the practice
- See how to compute tax on the installment sale if the price is reduced
- Get tax consequences of repossessing the practice
- Avoid 18 mistakes in selling your practice
|CPA||1 Tax, 1 Business Management|
|EA||1 Federal Tax|
|CRTP (CTEC)||1 Federal Tax|
|Attorney||1.5 General MCLE|
Course level: Basic
No advance preparation is required.
- Earn 2 hours of CPE for CPAs, 1 hour of Federal Tax CPE for EAs and CRTPs, and 1.5 hours of General MCLE for attorneys
- Access to recording to watch at your convenience
- PDFs of reference manual and PowerPoint slides
- Add CPE for only $20 per additional attendee. Please contact our customer service department to register for additional CPE at (714) 776-7850.
Want to order by phone? Call us at: (714) 776-7850
You must have computer speakers to listen to this webinar
Lynn Freer, EA
This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education. This webinar has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The state boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for 2 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Basic. Field of Study: Taxes and Business Management and Organization. Delivery method: Self-Study. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. There are no prerequisites or advance preparation required.