Spidell’s 2019 4-Hour CPA Ethics
Available by: June 26, 2019
This course addresses the AICPA’s Code of Professional Conduct in an insightful manner using case studies, investigative results, and real world applications. Information concerning the authoritative nature and application of the Code’s standards are discussed with an emphasis on its application to California licensed CPAs. Students will learn about the basic structure of the Code itself and be introduced to the AICPA’s Principles of Professional Conduct. Topics include independence, integrity, professional competency, due professional care, planning and supervision, gifts, commission and contingent fees, financial interests, employment, and more.
Upon completion of this four-hour course, you will identify:
- Standards that govern client request for records and the collection of outstanding delinquent fees
- Responsibilities you have with clients, employers, and colleagues
- Requirements for CPAs working in the public or private sectors
- Non-attest service standards applicable to tax preparation, internal audit outsourcing, bookkeeping, expert witness, and litigation support services
- Implications for failing to file personal and business tax returns or remit payroll and other taxes collected on behalf of others
- Independence standards that govern investments including those through mutual funds, retirement accounts, and blind trusts
- New conceptual framework and the concept of using appropriate safeguards to eliminate or reduce the risk of ethical violations to an acceptable level
|CPA||4 General Ethics|
Course level: Basic
No advance preparation is required.
- 4 hours of CPE for one attendee
- Access to recording to watch at your convenience
- PDFs of reference manual and PowerPoint slides
- Add CPE for only $30 per additional attendee. Please contact our customer service department to register for additional CPE at (714) 776-7850.
Want to order by phone? Call us at: (714) 776-7850
You must have computer speakers to listen to this webinar
Arturo Ramudo, CPA, CISA
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for 4 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Basic Level. Field of Study: General Ethics. Delivery method: Self-study. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. There are no prerequisites or advanced preparation required.