Wayfair: California’s Rules (May 30)
Thursday, May 30
10:00 a.m. to Noon Pacific Time
California’s new law requires many sellers to collect district tax for each district in the state. Under Wayfair, California retailers may be liable for registration and collection of sales tax to other states. Help your retail clients when you register for this webinar.
With this two-hour course, you will:
- Discover how California doesn’t conform to the Supreme Court’s Wayfair decision:
- Learn how the new $500,000 threshold works
- Find out which retailers must now collect district tax
- See how district tax is required based on both:
- The old nexus rules
- The new $500,000 threshold
- Take home a chart of sales tax requirements for other states when your clients ship goods into that state
- Learn what is considered tangible personal property for California purposes
- Uncover the rules for selling in a Marketplace — like Amazon or maybe an antique mall
- Prepare for the expensive, time-consuming challenge of computing the state, local and district taxes
- Follow the steps to prepare your return using CDTFA’s website
- Find out when out-of-state retailers must register and collect sales tax on good shipped from California.
|CRTP (CTEC)||2 CA Tax|
|Attorney||1.5 General MCLE|
Course level: Basic
No advance preparation is required.
- 2 hours of CPE for one attendee
- Unlimited number of people may watch and listen on one computer and print course outline
- PDFs of reference manual and PowerPoint slides
- Add CPE for only $20 per additional attendee (additional CPE attendees must take an exam to receive credit). Please contact our customer service department to register for additional CPE at (714) 776-7850.
Three easy ways to order:
Download order form below and fax to (714) 776-9906, call us at (714) 776-7850, or order online!
Can’t attend the live webinar? Order the on-demand version instead!
You must have computer speakers to listen to this webinar
Lynn Freer, EA
This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education. This webinar has been designed to meet the requirements of the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for 2 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Intermediate. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Group Internet-Based. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. General knowledge of Estate and Trusts is required.
Cancellation Policy: Please contact our Customer Service department at (714) 776-7850 to cancel the webinar or switch to the on-demand version. No refunds will be issued after noon the day before the webinar.