Who is a Nonresident and What’s Taxable to California
With this three-hour course, you will:
- Get a 73-page PDF manual
- Look at recent court cases where high-income taxpayers got winning nonresident audit results — will the change from the BOE to the OTA make a difference?
- Properly plan for a California exit
- Understand the FTB residency audit process
- Understand what income received in later years is still taxable to California:
- Installment sales
- §1031 exchanges
- Bonuses, stock options, and pensions
- Correctly make the 546-day, temporary absence work to avoid California tax
- Understand what “domicile” really means and how it affects taxes
- Learn how to make your income nontaxable if you move out of state and keep preparing returns for your California clients
- Other State Tax Credit:
- Review recent changes, especially those concerning investment LLCs
- Understand the difference in other states’ nonresident withholding and group returns
- Investigate the problem where neither state allows the credit
- See how to split income when spouses are residents of different states
|CRTP (CTEC)||3 CA Tax|
|Attorney||2.5 General MCLE|
Course level: Basic
No advanced preparation is required.
- 3 hours of CPE for one attendee
- Access to recording to watch at your convenience
- Reference manual and PDF of PowerPoint slides
- Add CPE for only $25 per additional attendee. Please contact our customer service department to register for additional CPE at (714) 776-7850.
Want to order by phone? Call us at: (714) 776-7850
You must have computer speakers to listen to this webinar
Lynn Freer, EA
Kathryn Zdan, EA
This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education. This webinar has been designed to meet the requirements of the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The state boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. There are no prerequisites required. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for 3 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Basic. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Self-Study. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. There are no prerequisites or advanced preparation required.