Get a top-tier seminar from two of the most trusted names in tax!
Spidell has partnered with Gear Up to bring you the quality 2-day live tax update seminar you need to be ready for tax season. Join us in Anaheim for both days and ensure you’ll have all of the information to tackle even the toughest client returns.
Day 1 Learning Objectives
- Master the new energy credit/incentive rules for 2024 including electric vehicle credit and business energy credit transfers and the new energy rebates available to individuals
- Make sure you and your clients are ready for the impending Employee Retention Credit audits
- Get updated on everything that happened during the year
- Help clients maximize new clean energy incentives
- Be ready for SECURE 2.0 changes going into effect in 2024
- Help your clients avoid large penalties from new beneficial ownership reporting requirements
- Plan for reduced bonus depreciation
- Get tips on tax planning for increased interest rates
- Discuss new ways to interact with the IRS online
- Maximize tax benefits for research expenditures
- Get prepared for California returns as well:
- Understand California’s new one-time penalty relief
- Feel secure with California’s conformity/nonconformity to SECURE 2.0 changes
- Get answers to the most common passthrough entity tax questions.
- Learn how to minimize the new 0.9% tax for higher income wage earners
- See why more businesses owe California tax
Day 2 Learning Objectives
- Dig into the details of the Employee Retention Credit, and discuss new IRS scrutiny of the credit
- CPAR audits are happening. Discuss how to approach the audit, the different elections available, and how to report changes without amending the returns
- Understand the new rules for inherited IRAs
- Help your clients plan ahead for many expiring tax provisions
- Learn about the changes to worker classification rules, and how to help keep your clients out of trouble
- Understand the details of S Corporation shareholder basis reporting
- Help your clients minimize taxes on Social Security income and reduce Medicare premium surcharges
- Review the rules for your clients who own rental real estate
|Both seminar dates held at Hilton Anaheim.|
|Two easy ways to order:
Order online or call us at (800) 277-2257!
Customer service representatives available Monday — Friday 7:00 a.m. — 5:00 p.m. PT.
Our cancellation policy has changed. No refunds will be allowed within 7 business days of the seminar. However, you are always welcome to change to the self-study version.
|CPA||Up to 16 Taxes|
|EA**||Up to 14 Federal Tax Update|
|CRTP (CTEC)||Up to 14 Federal Tax Update and 2 CA Tax|
|Attorney||Up to 13.25 General MCLE/Tax Specialization|
|CFP® professional***||Up to 16 Hours|
Course level: Update
General tax preparation knowledge is required.
**EAs will receive a 2-hour federal tax self-study to ensure up to 16 hours of CPE
***CFP® professionals do not receive credit for the on-demand webinar or self-study versions of this course. Level of complexity: Intermediate.
This seminar includes:
- Top-rated speakers
- A 450+ page printed, profit-generating manual
- An updated PDF manual sent in early February
- Extensive update of California issues integrated with federal information
- Personal and professional staff that cater to your needs
**EAs will receive a 2-hour federal tax self-study to ensure up to 8 hours of CPE.
Guarantee of excellence
Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are not completely satisfied with this course in any way, we will provide you with a full refund, hassle-free. Guaranteed.
This Seminar has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The state boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (800) 277-2257. Spidell Publishing, LLC. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, LLC. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This Seminar is designed to meet the requirements for up to 16 Hour(s) of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Update. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Group Live. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (800) 277-2257. General tax preparation knowledge is required.