California Online Research Package
Solve any California tax problem — anytime
The Online Research Package is your personal office library that can be referenced day and night to solve clients’ tax problems accurately and efficiently. With our robust search engine, get full access to our most popular products and more!
The Big Blue Answer Book™
20+ regularly updated tax guides
over $400 value
Your cost: $379
- Codes, regulations, cases, and publications from the FTB, BOE, and EDD
- Sample client letters and e-mails to support your practice
Research Corner walkthrough with Kathryn
Let our Editorial Director, Kathryn Zdan, EA, guide you through the features of the Online Research Package. Get a glimpse into the breadth of material that’s available to you, as well as tips on how to maximize your subscription:
*Customer service representatives available Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PT.
Get online searchable access to:
Spidell’s Analysis & Explanation of California Taxes®
The Big Blue Answer Book® is a complete analysis of California taxation of individuals and corporations, extensively cited and full of examples, flowcharts, worksheets, and contact information that no one else provides.
- FTB — More nonconformity, updated individual, LLC, and corporate filing issues
- CDTFA — Sales, use, and other business excise taxes
- BOE — Property, insurance, and alcoholic beverage taxes
- EDD — Payroll taxes
- Conformity Guide — Conformity at your fingertips: Spidell’s Quick Guide to California Nonconformity chart provides 12 pages of areas where federal and California law differ
Spidell’s California Taxletter®
A trusted California tax pro tool since 1975. This monthly publication is the only thing you need to stay ahead of California tax changes so they don’t take you by surprise.
Includes back issues to 2009.
Spidell’s Federal Taxletter®
Spidell’s Federal Taxletter® provides you with critical federal information to address the complex issues that affect your clients.
Includes back issues to 2009.
Get a detailed discussion of important topics like IRAs, COD, trusts, LLCs, partnerships, and corporations.
Tax code, publications, and cases
FTB, BOE, EDD, estate tax and probate code, agency publications and manuals, state tax legislation, and selected court cases and appeals.
Guarantee of excellence
Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are not completely satisfied with Spidell’s California Online Research Package in any way, at any point in time during the coming year, we will provide you with a full refund, hassle-free. Guaranteed.
Robust research tool
Our tax research time saver, the search-within-a-search feature allows you to create highly-refined inquiries for more accurate results. Save your search results with the bookmarking feature.
Plus! Get access to the Strategic Tax Advisor
Leading-edge analysis for your business and high net worth clients
Turn to the Strategic Tax Advisor when you need answers to more advanced and complex questions on California tax issues, with articles focusing on recent critical developments:
- FTB reverses interpretation of market-based sourcing rules (May 2022)
- California limits P.L. 86-272 protections (May 2022)
- Passthrough entity elective tax (January 2022)
- IRS adopts, proposes regulations impacting foreign taxation (January 2022)
- Who pays the tax: marketplace facilitators or drop shippers? (January 2022)
Additional subscriber benefits:
- Electronic version of Spidell’s California Taxletter® and Spidell’s Federal Taxletter® — in your e-mail inbox every month
- Online access from your office computer or home! All you need is your username and password and you can access our California Online Research Package anywhere, anytime!
- Two concurrent users are allowed, so you and your partner/co-worker/employee can access.
Contact us and we’ll help answer all your questions. E-mail us or call us at (714) 776-7850.