Spidell’s California Taxletter®
Spidell’s California Taxletter® is a monthly newsletter plus a searchable online archive of back issues that keeps you ahead of California tax changes so they don’t take you by surprise.
Recent articles address important issues:
- Are clients telecommuting from another state during COVID-19? (January 2021)
- You must file a copy of Form 1099-NEC with the FTB (January 2021)
- What does Proposition 19 mean for your clients? (January 2021)
- Small Business Hiring Credit reservations start December 1, 2020 (December 2020)
- Nine considerations now that Proposition 19 has passed (December 2020)
- As the wheels of worker classification turn (December 2020)
- California mandates paid sick leave for workers not covered by FFCRA (November 2020)
- Plan carefully when incorporating at the end of the year (November 2020)
- Large differences in federal and California NOL treatment (November 2020)
Get an extra 10% off with coupon code
That’s $110 $99 for a 1 year online subscription
*Customer service representatives available Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PT.
Plus! Get access to the Strategic Tax Advisor
Leading-edge analysis for your business and high net worth clients
Turn to the Strategic Tax Advisor when you need answers to more advanced and complex questions on California tax issues, with articles focusing on recent critical developments:
- Are taxpayers going to lose P.L. 86-272 protections? (January 2021)
- Nuances of sales factor sourcing rules addressed (January 2021)
- Collateral nexus/withholding: COVID-19 and remote employees (October 2020)
- Worker misclassification and the pandemic (July 2020)
- AB 5 audits are coming (April 2020)
Digital or print edition
Read every issue from your PC, Mac, iPad, e-Reader, or e-mail browser. Add the print newsletter and receive a monthly print copy in the mail.
Other Subscriber Benefits
- Free State Tax Directory for your tax library!
- Optional 1 hour of CPE for CPAs and CRTPs (CTEC) with each issue for only $12 (exam sent every six months).
- Annual Conformity Guide listing hundreds of differences between federal and California law.
Trusted by CA tax pros
“In a word, ‘invaluable!’ I can’t imagine calling myself a professional without the ongoing support of Spidell behind me. In particular, the California Taxletter is the ONLY publication I read faithfully.”
— Deborah St. Martin, EA; Beaumont, CA
More than a monthly newsletter
Get quick access to California tax information with a searchable online archive of back issues. Director of Editorial, Kathryn Zdan, EA, shows you how to look up specific topics and search through hundreds of articles dating back to 2009.
California Taxletter helps you:
- Use searchable online archive of over six hundred articles
- Read plain English explanations of new state tax-grabbing programs, new laws, plus examples
- Let trouble-shooting instructions help you solve pesky bills and notices your clients get
- Cut time with handy charts, checklists, and client letters
- Quickly solve problems with phone numbers, links, and California tax contact information
Guarantee of excellence
Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are not completely satisfied with Spidell’s California Taxletter® in any way, at any point in time during the coming year, we will provide you with a full refund, hassle-free. Guaranteed.