Spidell’s California Taxletter®
Spidell’s California Taxletter® is a monthly newsletter plus a searchable online archive of back issues that keeps you ahead of California tax changes so they don’t take you by surprise.
Recent articles address important issues
- What’s a gig worker to do? (January 2020)
- New rules for nonresident withholding for passthrough entities (January 2020)
- FTB changes process for disallowing HOH status (December 2019)
- Does the Dynamex ABC test apply retroactively? (November 2019)
- Make sure clients have health care to avoid new California penalty (November 2019)
- California adopts ABC test for classifying workers as employees (October 2019)
- Marketplace facilitators must collect California sales and use taxes (October 2019)
- Out-of-state sole proprietors with California customers beware (October 2019)
Get an extra 10% off with coupon code
That’s $110 $99 for a 1 year online subscription
*Customer service representatives available Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PT.
Plus! Get access to the Strategic Tax Advisor
Leading-edge analysis for your business and high net worth clients
Turn to the Strategic Tax Advisor when you need answers to more advanced and complex questions on California tax issues, with articles focusing on recent critical developments:
- Arizona suing California over the FTB’s doing business interpretation (April 30, 2019)
- Sale of minority interest in corporation was nonbusiness income( April 30, 2019)
- Taxpayer who prevailed in R&D credit audit still liable for penalties and interest (April 30, 2019)
- FTB and OTA have conflicting views as to nonresident sourcing rules for self-employed individuals (January 30, 2019)
- Delivery of goods in company-owned vehicles falls within P.L. 86-272 (January 30, 2019)
Digital or print edition
Read every issue from your PC, Mac, iPad, e-Reader, or e-mail browser. Add the print newsletter and receive a monthly print copy in the mail.
Other Subscriber Benefits
- Free State Tax Directory for your tax library!
- Optional 1 hour of CPE for CPAs and CRTPs (CTEC) with each issue for only $12 (exam sent every six months).
- Annual Conformity Guide listing hundreds of differences between federal and California law.
Trusted by CA tax pros
“In a word, ‘invaluable!’ I can’t imagine calling myself a professional without the ongoing support of Spidell behind me. In particular, the California Taxletter is the ONLY publication I read faithfully.”
— Deborah St. Martin, EA; Beaumont, CA
More than a monthly newsletter
Get quick access to California tax information with a searchable online archive of back issues. Director of Editorial, Kathryn Zdan, EA, shows you how to look up specific topics and search through hundreds of articles dating back to 2009.
California Taxletter helps you:
- Use searchable online archive of over six hundred articles
- Read plain English explanations of new state tax-grabbing programs, new laws, plus examples
- Let trouble-shooting instructions help you solve pesky bills and notices your clients get
- Cut time with handy charts, checklists, and client letters
- Quickly solve problems with phone numbers, links, and California tax contact information
Guarantee of excellence
Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are not completely satisfied with Spidell’s California Taxletter® in any way, at any point in time during the coming year, we will provide you with a full refund, hassle-free. Guaranteed.