Spidell’s California Taxletter®
Spidell’s California Taxletter® is a monthly newsletter plus a searchable online archive of back issues that keeps you ahead of California tax changes so they don’t take you by surprise.
Recent articles address important issues:
- June is the deadline for most employers to register with CalSavers (May 2022)
- Sales of real estate and the LLC gross receipts fee (May 2022)
- Out-of-state entities beware (May 2022)
- Tax basis capital reporting for partnerships and LLCs (April 2022)
- Passthrough entity elective tax and e-pay mandate (April 2022)
- Proving home construction costs basis when records are long gone (April 2022)
- Major tax relief provided to California businesses (March 2022)
- FTB requiring California tax basis capital accounts on K-1s (March 2022)
- Faster access to MyFTB account (March 2022)
Get an extra 10% off with coupon code
That’s $110 $99 for a 1 year online subscription
*Customer service representatives available Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PT.
Plus! Get access to the Strategic Tax Advisor
Leading-edge analysis for your business and high net worth clients
Turn to the Strategic Tax Advisor when you need answers to more advanced and complex questions on California tax issues, with articles focusing on recent critical developments:
- FTB reverses interpretation of market-based sourcing rules (May 2022)
- California limits P.L. 86-272 protections (May 2022)
- Passthrough entity elective tax (January 2022)
- IRS adopts, proposes regulations impacting foreign taxation (January 2022)
- Who pays the tax: marketplace facilitators or drop shippers? (January 2022)
Read every issue from your PC, Mac, iPad, e-Reader, or e-mail browser.
Other Subscriber Benefits
- Free State Tax Directory for your tax library!
- Optional 1 hour of CPE for CPAs and CRTPs (CTEC) with each issue for only $12 (exam sent every six months).
- Annual Conformity Guide listing hundreds of differences between federal and California law.
Trusted by CA tax pros
“In a word, ‘invaluable!’ I can’t imagine calling myself a professional without the ongoing support of Spidell behind me. In particular, the California Taxletter is the ONLY publication I read faithfully.”
— Deborah St. Martin, EA; Beaumont, CA
More than a monthly newsletter
Get quick access to California tax information with a searchable online archive of back issues. Director of Editorial, Kathryn Zdan, EA, shows you how to look up specific topics and search through hundreds of articles dating back to 2009.
California Taxletter helps you:
- Use searchable online archive of over six hundred articles
- Read plain English explanations of new state tax-grabbing programs, new laws, plus examples
- Let trouble-shooting instructions help you solve pesky bills and notices your clients get
- Cut time with handy charts, checklists, and client letters
- Quickly solve problems with phone numbers, links, and California tax contact information
Guarantee of excellence
Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are not completely satisfied with Spidell’s California Taxletter® in any way, at any point in time during the coming year, we will provide you with a full refund, hassle-free. Guaranteed.