Spidell’s California Taxletter®
Spidell’s California Taxletter® is a monthly newsletter plus a searchable online archive of back issues that keeps you ahead of California tax changes so they don’t take you by surprise.
Recent articles address important issues:
- California storm victim deadline pushed to November 16, 2023 (November 2023)
- FTB won’t tax advanced clean vehicle credits (November 2023)
- California tax basis capital reporting coming in 2023 (November 2023)
- How gross income from tiered LLCs impacts the LLC fee (November 2023)
- California LLC electing S corporation treatment (October 2023)
- Reviving a suspended business entity (October 2023)
- Proposition 19 questions answered (October 2023)
- Employee Retention Credit and the California return (September 2023)
- October 16 storm-related postponement date looming (September 2023)
- Erroneous FTB revised balance due notices (September 2023)
Get an extra 10% off with coupon code
That’s $110 $99 for a 1 year online subscription
*Customer service representatives available Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PT.
Plus! Get access to the Strategic Tax Advisor
Leading-edge analysis for your business and high net worth clients
Turn to the Strategic Tax Advisor when you need answers to more advanced and complex questions on California tax issues, with articles focusing on recent critical developments:
- Related-party sale sinks taxpayer’s loss deduction (October 2023)
- CDTFA updates marketplace facilitator regulation (October 2023)
- California’s 1% mental health tax on millionaires (October 2023)
- Hotel scores big in property tax challenge (July 2023)
- Limited time to avoid penalties for certain abusive transactions (July 2023)
- No double dipping for biotech- and pharmaceutical-related credits (July 2023)
- Another twist in nonresident partner sourcing rules (April 2023)
- Alternative accounting method for real estate developers (April 2023)
- Annual filing required for Qualified Opportunity Funds (April 2023)
Read every issue from your PC, Mac, iPad, e-Reader, or e-mail browser.
Other Subscriber Benefits
- Free State Tax Directory for your tax library!
- Optional 1 hour of CPE for CPAs and CRTPs (CTEC) with each issue for only $15 (exam sent every six months).
- Annual Conformity Guide listing hundreds of differences between federal and California law.
Trusted by CA tax pros
“In a word, ‘invaluable!’ I can’t imagine calling myself a professional without the ongoing support of Spidell behind me. In particular, the California Taxletter is the ONLY publication I read faithfully.”
— Deborah St. Martin, EA; Beaumont, CA
More than a monthly newsletter
Get quick access to California tax information with a searchable online archive of back issues. Director of Editorial, Kathryn Zdan, EA, shows you how to look up specific topics and search through hundreds of articles dating back to 2009.
California Taxletter helps you:
- Use searchable online archive of over six hundred articles
- Read plain English explanations of new state tax-grabbing programs, new laws, plus examples
- Let trouble-shooting instructions help you solve pesky bills and notices your clients get
- Cut time with handy charts, checklists, and client letters
- Quickly solve problems with phone numbers, links, and California tax contact information
Guarantee of excellence
Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are not completely satisfied with Spidell’s California Taxletter® in any way, at any point in time during the coming year, we will provide you with a full refund, hassle-free. Guaranteed.