Estate Planning With Business Issues
Author: Danny Santucci, JD
Electronic version only
Practitioners are brought up-to-date information on tax issues affecting estate planning and business issues. A major emphasis of this mini-course is practical estate planning solutions that are cost-effective. Devised to reduce or eliminate estate problems and death taxes, this comprehensive guide examines wills, trusts, gifts, insurance, private annuities, and other general estate planning tools. The planning issues and problems that arise from owning a business interest are also addressed.
With this two-hour course, you will:
- Get a 57-page PDF document
- Identify the unlimited marital deduction specifying its effect on the gross estate evaluation and the impact of stepped-up basis as they affect survivors and heirs, and recognize the benefits of establishing even a simple will and its control over certain assets
- Specify the primary ways to dispose of assets using trusts and annuities including the importance of family documents to manage assets
- Recognize the starting point used to value a business’s tangible assets, cite the R.R. 59-60 business valuation factors and the steps in R.R. 68-609’s valuation formula for intangible assets and goodwill stating the effect of both rulings on the total value of a business, determine the adjustment caused by minority interests in a closely held business and their impact on final evaluation
- Identify ways to dispose of a business interest before death to family members while avoiding the provisions of the constructive ownership rules
- Recognize deferred compensation agreements as a valuable estate planning tool and identify when to recommend the option of paying federal estate taxes in installments indicating the basis of the election and its eligibility requirements
|EA||2 Federal Tax|
|CRTP (CTEC)||2 Federal Tax|
|Attorney||1.5 General MCLE/Tax Specialization|
Course level: Overview
General understanding of federal income taxation is required.
Want to order by phone? Call us at: (714) 776-7850
This self-study is designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education. This self-study has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The state boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This self-study is designed to meet the requirements for 2 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Overview. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery Method: Self-Study. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. General understanding of federal income taxation is required.
There are no reviews yet.