Spidell Webinar FAQs
What is the difference between a live webinar and an on-demand webinar?
A live webinar is presented on a specific date and time. You will have the ability to ask questions to our editorial staff and will need to complete attendance monitoring polls during the webinar to receive credit. If you are unable to attend the webinar or if you do not complete 75% of the attendance monitoring polls, we will e-mail you a link to the on-demand version of the webinar to take an exam for CPE credit.
An on-demand webinar can be watched anytime at your convenience. You will not have the ability to ask questions during the webinar and you will need to complete an exam to receive CPE credit. You have 1 year from the date of purchase to complete your on-demand webinar for CPE credit.
Regardless whether you purchase the live or the on-demand version of the webinar, you will always have access to the webinar recording, material, and PowerPoint indefinitely in your SpidellCPE account. You can also use this site to access the certificate of completion for any of your completed courses.
How does registration work?
- Register online at www.caltax.com, call (800) 277-2257, or fax your order details to (714) 776-9906.
- Be sure to provide the name, license number (including PTIN), and e-mail address for all CPE recipients. Each attendee must use their own personal email address in order to ensure the correct person receives CPE credit.
- You will receive a receipt for your purchase by email along with a webinar confirmation if applicable once your order is complete.
What are the requirements for watching a live Spidell Webinar?
You must have the ability to connect to high-speed Internet, have the most recent version of the Adobe Connect application installed on your computer, and have computer speakers. Phone-based audio connections are not supported. Please visit the Adobe Website for more information on system requirements. https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/tech-specs.html#c95client
Adobe Connect is compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 and Mac OS X 10.13, 10.14, 10.15 and 11.0.
Important: Mobile devices and iPads will not be supported during the live webinar.
What should I expect after registering for a live Spidell Webinar?
- One week prior to the webinar, all primary attendees will receive a reminder e-mail. This e-mail will contain a link to download and install the most recent version of Adobe Connect. It is important to click on the link and follow the instructions on the computer that will be used during the webinar. (Additional attendee CPE recipients will not get this e-mail.) Please be sure to check your spam or junk folder if you cannot find this e-mail in your inbox.
- On the business day before the webinar, we will e-mail the webinar join instructions to the primary registrant by 5:00 p.m. This e-mail will include your link to join the webinar, the course materials, and the PowerPoint presentation. (Additional attendee CPE recipients will not receive this email and will watch the webinar from the primary attendee’s computer.) Please be sure to check your spam or junk folder if you cannot find this e-mail in your inbox.
- On the day of the webinar, the webinar room will open 30 minutes prior to the webinar’s start time. Use the link found in the join instructions e-mail and enter the webinar via Guest Login. Type your first and last name when prompted and click “Enter Room”. Please log in early to ensure that you have time to troubleshoot any issues that might come up when logging into the webinar.
- Primary attendees will need to complete 75% of the administered attendance monitoring polls to received CPE credit for the webinar. Additional CPE attendees will be sent an e-mail within 5 business days from the date of the live webinar with instructions on how log in to SpidellCPE and complete an exam to receive CPE credit.
What is additional CPE?
Additional CPE is an option that we provide for attendees who are in the same office and will be able to watch the webinar on the same computer as the main attendee. These attendees must take an exam to receive credit and will not receive their own join link e-mail. The main attendee is welcome to forward a copy of the materials and PowerPoint to any additional CPE attendees.
How do I register employees for the additional CPE?
You can order the additional CPE option by contacting our customer service department at (800) 277-2257. Additional CPE attendees will not receive a link to access the live webinar and must watch the webinar from the main attendee’s computer and take an exam to receive CPE credit.
When should I log in to the webinar?
The webinar room will open 30 minutes prior to the webinar’s start time. Use the link found in the join instructions e-mail and enter the webinar via Guest Login. Type your first and last name when prompted and click “Enter Room”. Please log in early to ensure that you have time to troubleshoot any issues that might come up when logging into the webinar.
What if I have a question during the webinar?
You will have the ability to send a message to a host or presenter using the Q&A feature in our webinar platform. If your question does not get answered during the presentation, you can expect a response via e-mail within 5 business days. Please use full sentences when asking your questions to ensure our editorial staff are clear on what it is that you are asking.
What if I experience technical difficulties during the webinar?
You can use the Q&A feature in our webinar platform to communicate with our webinar moderators for assistance during the webinar. You can also call our customer service staff at (800) 277-2257. Due to increased call volume during the webinar, the Q&A feature is the best way to reach us if you need assistance.
What happens when the presentation is over?
Once the webinar is over, we will leave the webinar room open long enough to answer the remaining questions from the attendees. Once all of the questions have been answered, we will automatically shut down the webinar room.
How do I get my CPE credit for the presentation?
Primary attendees will need to complete 75% of the administered attendance monitoring polls to received CPE credit for the webinar.
Additional CPE attendees will be sent an e-mail within 5 business days from the date of the live webinar with instructions on how log in to SpidellCPE and complete an exam to receive CPE credit.
Can I re-watch the webinar presentation after the webinar has ended?
Yes, you will have access to the webinar recording, material, and PowerPoint presentation in your SpidellCPE account within 5 business days of webinar completion.
What happens if I am unable to attend a live webinar I have already purchased?
If you miss one of our live webinars, you will automatically be switched to the on-demand version of the course and an email will be sent with access instructions as soon as it is available (within 5 business days).
What is SpidellCPE?
SpidellCPE is our continuing education website where you can access all of your on-demand courses and well as view any of your previous webinar recordings, materials, and certificates. You can also access your join instructions link for live webinars if you have misplaced the join instructions e-mail.
If you experience any problems or have additional questions regarding Spidell Webinars, please contact our friendly customer service representatives at (800) 277-2257.
Cancellation policy: Please contact customer service at (800) 277-2257 to cancel a live webinar. No refunds will be issued after the webinar materials have been sent. For specific cancellation policies for your webinar, visit our website at www.caltax.com.
This information is provided with the understanding that the publisher is not engaged in rendering legal, accounting, or other professional advice and assumes no liability whatsoever in connection with its use. Because tax laws are constantly changing, and are subject to differing interpretations, we urge you to do additional research before acting on the information contained in this document.
Original material in Spidell’s California Taxes Online is copyrighted and may be reproduced for educational purposes or quoted by crediting Spidell’s California Taxes On-Line.
Spidell’s California Taxes Online is operated by Spidell Publishing, Inc., P.O. Box 61044, Anaheim, CA 92803-6144. FAX: (714) 776-9906.
User Agreement: By entering this site you agree to the terms of our USER AGREEMENT