Fast-track Retirement Planning (2020)
Author: Danny Santucci, JD
Electronic version only
We are all (including tax practitioners) getting older, and the need for effective retirement planning has never been greater. This course is essential for participants who wish to attain a comfortable retirement for themselves and their clients by maximizing tax saving strategies. Retirement income needs are analyzed; Social Security benefits are determined, and distribution options from IRAs and retirement plans are explored.
With this three-hour course, you will:
- Get a 64-page PDF document
- Identify the basic guidelines of retirement planning recognizing the ten misconceptions of retirement, and specify retirement based on key questions
- Determine retirement costs and income needs of clients based on their current budget, select tax savings strategies, and identify basic guidelines to use when purchasing assets to attain financial independence
- Recall the qualifications for Social Security retirement & disability benefits, specify a client’s retirement benefits, and determine the difference between Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B
- Identify basic types of qualified corporate plans and other sources of retirement income such as SIMPLE plans and individual retirement accounts
- Determine the difference between annuity payments and lump-sum distributions, specify key components of rollovers, premature distributions & required distributions, and identify nonqualified deferred compensation
- Cite the benefits, uses, and types of life insurance, and specify how three basic estate planning tools can be incorporated into tax practice
|EA||3 Federal Tax|
|CRTP (CTEC)||3 Federal Tax|
|Attorney||2.5 General MCLE|
Course level: Overview
General understanding of federal income taxation is required.
ATTENTION CRTPs (CTEC): In order for your course to be reported in the registration period ending Saturday, October 31, 2020, your exam must be submitted no later than 4:00 p.m. Pacific Time on Friday, October 30, 2020. Any exams submitted after that time will not be reported until Monday, November 2, 2020.
Want to order by phone? Call us at: (714) 776-7850
This self-study is designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education. This self-study has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The state boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This self-study is designed to meet the requirements for 3 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Overview. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery Method: Self-Study. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. General understanding of federal income taxation is required.