AB5 - Spidell

AB5

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by Lynn Freer.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

Mrs. Renee

Good morning

It was a pleasure attending your seminar

I have a question as a follow up on AB 5 and I would appreciate you getting back to me soon

I have number of Dental Corporations as clients. They employee other General Dentist to perform the work and majority are working other locations for other people as well therefore so far they have been treated as Independent Contractor. Some are even incorporated.

I have been told by few that there has been a NEW update and DENTISTS, MEDICAL DOCTORS, ATTORNEYS are Exempt from this AB5

Which means the Dental Corp does NOT have to change the status of the general dentist to Employee and can still keep them as Independent Contractor

Is this correct?

Has there been any changes or any exemptions for any Professions or Professional Corporations

I would appreciate you getting back to me.

Thank you

Lynn Freer
      Participant

A dentist who has his/her own corporation and is the sole shareholder employee and works for another dentist in his/her office is most likely going to be an employee, which was based on Borello. See EDD Publication 38 which still applies to dentists

Viewing 1 reply thread